Job Search Information
Contact Career Services for Resume Writing, Cover Letters, Contacting Employers, Interviewing Tips, and Salary Negotiations, please see the Career Services Guide.
Interested in Career Services information for First Year Students?
Interested in learning more about Graduate Schools?
Berks Career Services
- Is an essential part of students' educational experience.
- Aims to develop independence, self-esteem, empowerment, and resourcefulness in Penn State Berks students.
- Provides an online job posting system, Nittany Lion Career Network.
- Functions as a team working in partnership with the University and external community.
- Is flexible, understanding, and responsive to our students.
- Supports the uniqueness of each individual, and provides a means for students to best accomplish their personal and career goals.
- The Career Services Office assists students with career development from the time of Freshman Testing and Advising throughout their years at PSU Berks.
- Provides individual and small group career decision-making appointments.
- The Career Services Office offers presentations on career decision making, resume writing and interview skills.
- Brings employers to campus for interviews.
- Provides individual appointments for assistance with post-graduate plans and internships.
- Develops off campus employment opportunities for current students.
- Provides listings of part-time, temporary and summer employment opportunities.
- Facilitates student entry into the community employment market.
- Integrates learning in the classroom with learning in a professional environment.
- Offers assistance in finding supervised work experience in your career field.
- Develops internship positions related to a student's program of study.
- Exposes students to the real world of work while earning wages and at the same time earning credit.
- Services are available for recent graduates and alumni.
- Provides support for cover letter and resume writing and access to the Career Technology Center.
- Offers a variety of workshops including: resume writing, Myers-Briggs, Interviewing Skills, Strong Interest Inventory, and Career Decision-Making.
Job Posting/Company Verification Disclaimer
Read the full disclaimer which describes the shared responsibility among Penn State Career Services (including University Park and Commonwealth Campus career offices) and internship/job seekers in researching and identifying potential concerns about the legitimacy of employers and their respective postings.