Undergraduate degree-seeking students admitted to the University as a first-year student may begin at one of twenty Penn State campuses in order to make progress in the foundation courses required of first and second-year students.
Students generally declare their academic major at the end of their second year of enrollment during the entrance-to-major process. If the student applies for a major that is not offered at the student?s current location, the student will be required to select an approved location during the entrance-to-major process (policy D1, D2).
Summer-Only Change of Campus
Students may register at any Penn State campus for summer sessions; therefore, no change of campus is required.
Temporary Change of Campus
Students may request a temporary change of campus for one semester only (fall or spring) for academic or personal reasons (policy D5). Students requesting this change must document clear and compelling reasons why this request should be considered.
If the request is approved:
- It is valid for one semester only
- The student's location will automatically change back to their current campus at the end of one semester.
- The student will retain the same academic adviser while at the temporary location.
Change of Campus to and from Berks
- Use LionPATH—Student Center—Other Academic—Update Campus
- Current campus and new campus will review the request.
- Student will be notified by email about decision.
- Juniors or seniors need to be able to schedule appropriate courses.
- Student should contact current adviser for scheduling of courses if the change of campus is approved.
- Application for on-campus housing is a separate procedure. Approval of COC does not guarantee on-campus housing
- Students planning on completing a Berks degree should contact the program coordinator at Berks.
- Students planning on completing a degree at University Park may either see current adviser at current campus or contact college representative for the major.
- Students may locate suggested sequence of courses at Berks Recommended Academic Plans.
Visit our Housing and Food Services site at http://www.hfs.psu.edu/berks/
On Campus Housing
Change-of-Campus students who wish to apply for on-campus housing at Berks must do so through the eLiving Housing Contract System.
Students planning to live off-campus should visit our Student Life web page:
Berks Off-campus Housing Site
Berks College Contact for Change of Campus Requests
Submit requests to Maria Moceri, firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Contacts: http://registrar.psu.edu/change_campus/contacts.cfm