Media Commons is a division of Teaching and Learning with Technology within Information Technology Services at the Pennsylvania State University. Our primary mission is to provide expert guidance and support for the Penn State community as it strives to enrich the learning experience through appropriate and pedagogically sound uses of digital media technologies for teaching. We endeavor to achieve our mission by:
- Enriching teaching and learning through multimedia technology, classroom training and direct support for students, faculty and staff.
- Working with educators to incorporate academically rigorous digital media projects into their instruction.
- Empowering student media-creators by offering direct assistance with all stages of video and audio projects.
- Collaborating with all campus locations to both create and maintain innovative learning facilities.
- Encouraging a community conversation on the future of the classroom through tailored programming and events throughout the academic year.
Media Commons is a university-wide initiative to enrich the teaching and learning experience through multimedia technology, classroom training and direct support for students, faculty and staff.
Media Commons provides several services specifically designed for faculty interested in incorporating digital media into their instruction. Our consultants aim to expand student education by helping with the creation of digital media content for coursework. Beginners and advanced users across the Penn State community can benefit from access to our experienced consultants, training opportunities and media production facilities.