First Year Students -- For students starting with fewer than 18 college credits
You must take your math placement test (Aleks) before scheduling a date. Your date will be cancelled if there are no test results on record.
New Student Orientation (NSO):
- Explains placement for Math and English writing courses
- Provides you with a one-on-one interview with an NSO1 advisor. During this interview, you will discuss your educational plans.
- Familiarizes you with the academic structure of Penn State and with the wide range of degree programs available.
- Provides you with a Penn State Student ID. In order to obtain a Penn State id+Card, students must present one of the following forms of photo IDs: A state-issued drivers license or ID card, a passport, US or a military photo ID. PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING THIS WITH YOU ON YOUR NSO DAY.
- Acquaints you with the Berks campus, our procedures, some of our staff, and our out-of-class environment.
- Helps you select courses and register for your first semester of study. Course selection is done via group Advising Meetings and is for students only.
Timeline for students admitted Fall and Summer
Beginning in March, you will be notified about acquiring your computer access immediately after paying your acceptance fee. This must be done within seven days.
Two days later, you will be notified about taking the Aleks placement test and the Educational Planning Survey.
In early April, you will schedule an NSO date.
Seven days before your scheduled date, you will be notified to complete pre-NSO homework. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE ATTENDING NSO.
June - July: You will attend new student orientation with modified programs available later in the summer. Please plan to spend the entire day on campus.
Fall New Student Orientation Dates:
The Academic Advising Center office is not able to meet with new incoming freshmen on a walk-in basis. Students must attend a New Student Orientation session or call 610-396-6280.
Transfer Students - For students transferring 18 or more college credits
Attending orientation provides students the opportunity to learn about Penn State Berks and get connected with the technology used for student records and classroom requirements.
Timeline for transfer students admitted for Fall and Summer
Fall Transfer Student Orientation Date:
For questions, call the Academic Advising Center at 610-396-6280