Are you a new first-year degree student or provisional student?
New first-year students attend orientation during which time you will meet an adviser and discuss your schedule. At that time, you will be given an opportunity to schedule your classes for the upcoming semester. If you have not been notified for an advising appointment at least one month prior to the beginning of the semester for which you have been offered admission, contact the Advising Center at 610-396-6280.
Are you transferring from another college?
Students who are transferring from another college must first contact the Admissions Office. After you have accepted your offer of admission, you may see an adviser to schedule your courses. If you intend to complete your degree at Berks, contact the program coordinator for your program. If you intend to complete your degree at a campus other than Berks, contact the college representative for your program. During the summer months, contact the Advising Center (610-396-6280).
Are you returning to Penn State?
- Students who have not been continuously enrolled (not including summers) or who want to complete a second undergraduate degree must complete a re-enrollment form.
- Students who were dropped for poor academic scholarship and have achieved the required grade-point average to return to a degree program must request to be reinstated to degree candidate status.
- Students who were not in a degree program at the time of last enrollment and wish to continue in the same status must complete a non-degree enrollment form.
- Students who have never been in a degree progarm and wish to complete an undergraduate degree must apply through the Admissions Office.
- Students who have not taken credit classes at Penn State for at least four years and had below a 2.0 grade-point average at the time of last enrollment may request academic renewal.
After you have submitted the appropriate form for review and received approval, you must schedule your courses in person at the Registrar's Office, 125 Franco Building, for your first semester back. If you intend to complete your degree at Berks, contact the program coordinator for your program. If you intend to complete your degree at a campus other than Berks, contact the college representative for your program. During the summer months, contact the Advising Center (610-396-6280).
Are you returning from a leave of absence?
Degree students on leave of absence may interrupt continuous enrollment (for not more than one year) without having to apply for reenrollment and without changing conditions of their academic program. If you are returning from a leave of absence and have questions about when to schedule classes or whether re-enrollment is necessary, please email BK-Registrar@psu.edu. You must schedule your courses in person at the Registrar's Office in 125 Franco Building for the first semester back. You may be able to schedule through LionPATH if you requested a continuation of your Penn State access account by filling out the Penn State Access Account Extension for Student Leave of Absence Form.
Are you a Returning Adult Learner?
An Adult learner who wants to return to the University after a period of non-enrollment does not need to apply for re-enrollment if all of the following criteria apply:
(The adult learner who does not meet these criteria must apply for re-enrollment).
- the period of non-enrollment has been less than three years.
- the student is seeking entrance to a major in which they were previously enrolled, and
- the requested major is authorized to be eligible for this exception.
The adult learner must schedule his courses in person at the Registrar's Office, 125 Franco Building, for the first semester back.
If you are not admitted as a Penn State student:
- View registration instructions for non-Penn State students.
- Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form
- Registration Drop/Add Form
- New Student Checklist