Penn State Berks students participating in service learning and community engagement opportunities make a tangible impact on the community, with work focusing on environmental, historical, and other community impact projects.
- Penn State Berks students promote environmental stewardship in Reading June 20, 2019, Penn State News
- Penn State Berks students and Olivet children partner for conservation program October 17, 2018, Penn State News
- Penn State Berks teams with Reading Public Works to prevent storm drain pollution, June 1, 2018, BCTV
- Berks teams with Reading Public Works to prevent storm drain pollution, May 24, 2018, Penn State News
- PSU Berks science students and Olivet club children complete water ecology research project together. January 1, 2018, Reading Eagle
- Families learn about nature on Schuylkill River Trail. April 29, 2017, Reading Eagle
- Berks partners with Schuylkill River Trail for Family Nature Festival. April 19, 2017, Penn State News
- Penn State Berks students, Olivet kids scrub Baer Park, river trail. April 4, 2017, Reading Eagle
- Penn State Berks reschedules Great American Cleanup. March 17, 2017, Penn State News
- Editorial: Admirable team effort aims to revive river trail in city. November 22, 2016, Reading Eagle
- Group aims to revive part of Schuylkill River Trail in Reading. November 15, 2016, Reading Eagle
- College community to help revitalize Schuylkill River Trail on April 23. April 2016, Penn State News
- Berks students to help clean up Baer Park in Reading on Oct. 14. October 5, 2016, Reading Eagle
- New group hopes to revamp Schuylkill River Trail. November 14, 2016, WFMZ
- Penn State Berks students and Olivet to hold Litter Learning Fun Day. November 30, 2016, Penn State News
- Reading kids get lessons on dangers of littering. December 3, 2016, Reading Eagle
- "Center for Service Learning and Community-Based Research" For the Future Spring/Summer 2012, page 8
Writing Local Histories and Oral Histories
- New book looks at life in Reading through eyes of dancers. May 1, 2019
- ‘This is Reading’ dancers, local college students collaborate on new book. April 25, 2019
- Berks, Albright College students and Reading dancers partner to tell their story. April 24, 2019
- Penn State Berks, Albright College students partner with “We Are Reading” dancers to tell their story. April 24, 2019
- Central Pennsylvania African American Museum to celebrate unsung heroes, and honor a Penn State Berks student for work on African American Women essay project. February 17, 2018
- PSU professor's project explores history of local racism. June 8, 2015, Reading Eagle
- PSU Students Publish History of Olivet Boys & Girls Club of Reading. September 12, 2014
- African American museum leaders looking back, forward. October 27, 2013, Reading Eagle
- "Book Tells Story of Jewish Immigrants in Berks" Reading Eagle
- "Students Research History Through Photographs" Penn State Berks Newswire
School District Partnerships
- “College Celebrates 25 years of PEPP” Penn State Berks Newswire
- “Penn State Berks PEPP program with the Reading School District”
- "Toothpick World Fuses Engineering and Art for an Educational Journey Around the Globe" BCCF
Community Research Partnerships
- Dr. Kesha Morant Williams partnered with Penn State Health St. Joseph on a project that resulted in three “ready to go-live” videos. May 20, 2018, Penn State Health St. Joseph
- "Health Communication Class Creates PSAs for Family Promise" Penn State Berks Newswire
- "Students Conduct Research and Volunteer with German Communities" Penn State Berks Newswire
- "Penn State Berks Students Learn About Poverty Through Service"
- Inspired by St. Joseph Community Benefit Report, Penn State Berks Book written from a Patient Perspective
- Berks faculty visits University of Split, Croatia to share service learning, Penn State News
- Center at Penn State Berks receives exemplary designation from APLU
- Penn State Berks announces Center for Academic Community Engagement
- "The Laboratory for Public Scholarship and Democracy" in the Blue & White, Winter 2010-2011 edition, page 16
Books that students produced in courses that worked in collaboration with CACE
- PDF versions of many of the books produced by the Center for Service Learning and Community-Based Research can be found at (Re)Writing Local Histories: Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Communities.
- Jewish Reading and Berks County. For sale in Barnes & Noble and other local and national bookstores, as well as Arcadia's web site.
- A History of the Jewish Community in Reading and Berks County. Distributed by the Jewish Federation of Reading.
- Woven with Words: A History of African Americans in Berks County. Currently on sale at the Central Pennsylvania African American Museum.