Community and discovery are two of Penn State’s core values. Penn State Berks realizes these values through a commitment to enhancing and serving the local Reading and Berks county communities in which the campus resides. The campus sponsors a number of opportunities each semester for Penn State Berks students, faculty, and staff to be a part of this mission. Additionally, the campus is aware of additional opportunities for Penn State students to leave their mark.
Campus Life sponsored events are coordinated through the Office of Campus Life in collaboration with local organizations. Transportation is limited, but available for these events. For clubs and organizations looking to use these hours for club credit, you will not need to register for this event. However, a Community Service Verification form must be provided by the club.
Outside organizations are always looking for volunteers for their projects and events. On this page, you’ll find a number of opportunities to serve in our local communities. For clubs and organizations looking to use these events for club credit, you will not need to register for these events. However, a Community Service Verification form must be provided by the club and signed by the site coordinating the service and submitted to the Office of Campus Life within 1 week of completing the service.
Club Community Service Expectations
To remain an active club or organization under the Student Government Association, all clubs and organizations are expected to complete 24 hours of community service per semester.
For community service hours to count for your club and organization:
- the event must be sponsored by, reviewed by, or approved by the Office of Campus Life utilizing the registration form
- at least 2 members from the club must be present during the service
- the Verification Form must be printed in advance and signed by either the Campus Life representative or site coordinator at the service
- the Verification Form must be submitted to the Office of Campus Life within 7 days of the completed service
- a student’s hours may only count toward 1 club during a service event