This award has been created to honor and recognize individuals who have made a positive impact on first-year students at Penn State Berks. The first year experience has become one of the most important issues for today’s millennial student. The First Year Advocate Award will recognize members of the campus community who have made a significant impact on first year students. A First Year Advocate may have assisted with the following:
- Successful acclimation of first year students to the university
- Providing tools or support to assist first year students
- Helping students to achieve academic and/or personal success
- Promoting a welcoming campus environment
- Exhibiting a positive attitude that fosters a positive first year experience
Please nominate a member of the campus community, student/faculty/staff member, who you feel has made a positive impact on the first year experience at Penn State Berks. Nominations can be completed online via this form.
A paper version of this form is also available. Please contact Lisa Zackowski via email or at 610-396-6288.