About the Program
This course is designed to introduce the basic concepts of cybersecurity to new or emerging IT professionals. The target audience is professionals with a responsibility to manage IT systems or departments whose cybersecurity experience falls short of the required levels in order to sufficiently protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the systems under their purview.
With successful completion of this course, students will earn a Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Badge highlighting their new skills. Partial scholarships
- Class 1: Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Class 2: Security Architecture
- Class 3: Security Operations
- Class 4: Vulnerability Assessment
- Class 5: Penetration Testing
- Class 6: Future-proofing your Operation
Examples of this type of professional include:
- A nurse in a retirement community who finds him or herself responsible for supporting the computers at his or her facility.
- An experienced IT professional who has worked level one help desk support, system administration, or software development but lacks the codified knowledge of information security necessary to take his or her career to the next level.
- A CFO who finds him or herself leading the IT department but depends solely on his or her employees to drive the organization’s cybersecurity staff due to lack of experience or knowledge.
Meet the Instructor
Steve Pressman, CISSP
President, Chief Solutions Architect
Alpine Cyber Solutions
Steve Pressman is an experienced computer systems architect with a passion for information security, cloud computing, and DevOps. He brings over a decade of experience in the defense industry, working for multiple federal defense contractors, coupled with years of experience servicing commercial organizations. Steve has experience designing, creating, securing, and managing computer system environments from the smallest to the largest, with a specialty in transitioning workloads from on-premises data centers to the public cloud in a secure and automated fashion.
As president of Alpine Cyber Solutions, Steve and his team have built service lines responsible for assessing, securing, and improving companies across all verticals. Alpine's focus on knowledge-driven architectural decisions, keeping the customer's data confidentiality, integrity, and availability the forefront, represents the core of Steve's beliefs. Today, Alpine Cyber Solutions supports enterprises across the country in identifying and addressing their security risks, and planning their strategic direction for IT as the industry matures towards a secure, cloud-hosted future.
Steve holds numerous industry certifications, including the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, and more.
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity – ENGR 5520
Dates: Coming Soon!
Delivery: Live Instruction via Zoom Classroom
Contact Erica Kunkel at 610-396-6221 or [email protected] for more information or to register.