Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program is an opportunity for an invited first-year student to get a head start on your Penn State education in an innovative learning atmosphere.
The program awards all selected participants a scholarship of $250 per credit for the summer classes. This is a total of $1,500 your first summer (6 credits) and up to $3,000 your second summer (12 or more credits). For a grand total of up to $4,500 in savings towards your college education!
What is Pathway to Success: Summer Start?
Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program is an opportunity for select new students to start their Penn State career in a small college atmosphere with all the larger University opportunities. PaSSS is available for the first-year cohort of students offered admission to our campus in fall of 2020 or summer 2020.
The PaSSS program will allow you to:
- Get a head start on your Penn State University experience early this summer online with Penn State Berks.
- Fulfill two valuable general education requirements that apply toward your degree.
- Have the opportunity to work on campus in the future.
- Interact with student and faculty mentors to help you in your transition to college through the summer and beyond.
Any student admitted into PaSSS must agree to change their starting semester at Berks from the fall to the summer 2020. Our Admissions Office will make that change for you once we have signed confirmation that you have accepted your spot in PaSSS. If you are already accepted for summer, you would not need to change your starting semester.
To enroll in the PaSSS program, eligible students must:
- Apply and be offered admission to Penn State as a first-time, baccalaureate student.
- Be invited to participate in the program.
- Agree to change their starting semester from Fall 2020 to Summer 2020. (If you are accepted for Summer, your semester does not need to be changed.)
- Confirm with the campus that they have accepted the offer of participation in the PaSSS program. Campuses will provide a written confirmation of a student’s acceptance into the program.