Students will be introduced to the world of investigations and will take a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to investigate and prosecute a criminal case. Students will hear from investigators and Special Agents in the field, participate in a mock criminal investigation, where they assemble evidence, conduct interviews and surveillance, and retrieve forensic clues. Students will also have an opportunity to participate in a beginner defensive tactics class, similar to one that would be taught at a police academy.
Law Enforcement Officer
- The police academy entrance requirements
- What to expect at the police academy
- Investigative responsibilities of a police officer
State Trooper, FBI and Special Investigators
- How to become a State Trooper, FBI Agent & Private Investigator
- Ethical Investigative Responsibilities
- The FBI Academy
Techniques to solve criminal case: Subpoenas, Grand jury, witness interviews, wiretaps
- Basics of surveillance & surveillance activity
- Witness interviews
- Writing a Report
- Solving your case
- Finalize & presentation of case
- Court Proceedings – The Grand Jury
Defensive Tactics demonstration
This camp will include both professional guest speakers and behind the scene field trips.
Activities described are general topics and are subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.