The mission of the Penn State Berks Practical Nursing Program is to provide a high quality non-credit certificate program, delivered through an 18-month evening/weekend curriculum, to prepare individuals with the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes essential for practical nursing practice and the knowledge to pass the NCLEX-PN.
Prepare for the ATI TEAS Exam
All candidates must take the ATI TEAS exam as a prerequisite for admission. Visit ATITesting.com to learn more about the exam content, testing dates, and registration.
Practical Nurse Program Details
Tuition covers instruction, books, uniforms and basic nursing supplies. Student are responsible for additional fees pertaining to the program requirements: CPR certification, pre-entrance physical and immunizations, drug testing, clearances, malpractice insurance, and state licensure and graduation fees. This program qualifies for financial aid and students are required to file a FAFSA application.
Qualifications for the PN Program:
- Perform satisfactorily on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) pre-entrance exam
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Present as a qualified candidate in a personal interview
- Present a clear criminal background check, FBI clearance, PA child abuse clearance, and a clear 9-panel drug screen
- Present current immunization records
- Obtain CPR for the health care professional certification
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of the NCLEX Exam