Candidates must complete the TEAS exam and submit the program application by April 15, 2023. The 2023/24 program will begin August 15, 2023.
The mission of the Penn State Berks Practical Nursing Program is to provide a high-quality non-credit certificate program, delivered through an 18-month part-time, evening, and weekend curriculum, to prepare individuals with the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes essential for practical nursing practice and the knowledge necessary to pass the NCLEX-PN.
- Upon completion of the Practical Nursing program, a graduate will:
- Have met the educational requirements to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
- Utilize, under supervision, scientific knowledge and skills necessary to plan and provide safe and comprehensive client-centered nursing care in all settings where nursing takes place
- Perform nursing care that reflects accurate assessments of the client's growth and development
- Apply the nursing processes in meeting the client's needs
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Perform in a legal and ethical manner
- Administer medications in the healthcare setting with accuracy
- Participate with members of the healthcare team in providing instruction for identified client healthcare needs