Applications now being accepted for the next cohort beginning in August 2024.
Candidates wishing to be considered for admission to the Practical Nursing program must complete the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS®). Candidates can test two times per admission qualification period. Candidates must meet minimum requirements.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of program completion and be a high school graduate and/or earned a GED.
How to Apply:
After completing the prerequisite ATI TEAS® exam, candidates should submit the following application documents:
- Practical Nursing Application and Non-Degree Enrollment Form (4 pages)
- $75 Non-Refundable Application Fee (check or money order payable to Penn State University)
- ATI TEAS® exam transcript
- Two letters of professional reference
- Personal essay describing why you are interested in pursuing a nursing career
- Official Transcripts: (electronic transcripts may be emailed to: [email protected])
- High school transcript and/or GED transcript
- College, technical school, or trade school transcript(s) from each school attended (regardless if a degree was earned/completed)
Drop off or mail your application to:
Penn State Berks
Williams Cottage - Continuing Education
Attn: Cathleen Phillips
PO Box 7009
Reading, PA 19610
Application Deadline: June 1, 2024
Candidates should prequalify and submit a complete application for admission by June 1, 2024. It is recommended that candidates submit all application requirements as early as possible to secure an open seat.
Applicants are considered based on their academic capacity and aptitude to provide care to others. Academic capacity is measured by High School GPA, number of college credits earned, ATI TEAS® exam score, and aptitude to provide care is measured by your personal essay and letters of professional reference.
Accepted student will place a non-refundable $350 seat deposit to hold their position in the program cohort.
Accepted students will be given instructions to verify clinical facility partner clearance requirements using a third-party vendor, CastleBranch. Students must be able to provide:
- Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report*, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and Background Check
- Drug screening
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the provider certification
- Proof of valid personal health insurance coverage
- Proof of professional student nurse liability insurance
- Physical examination
- Medical Documents verifying student is current with their Influenza, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, TB Skin Test, Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap), and SARs COVID-19 immunizations (or approved exemption).