Applying for Veterans' Benefits

Applying for Veterans' Benefits

Required Documents

Application for benefits may be completed online at The VA Office will mail a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Award Letter that indicates the months and percentage of entitlement for Chapter 33 Post 9/11, monthly rate of payment for Chapters 30, 35,1606 and 1607.

Veterans must provide a copy of the COE or Award Letter with their DD-214, Military Discharge, and National Guard/Reservist must provide DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibility, at the time of application.

For students transferring from another college and previously received benefits you will need to complete VA form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Programs or Place of Training).

Students receiving VA education benefits must provide the Veteran Service Office with a list of registered courses (Veterans Certification Form) each semester for continuation of payments.