- Goal #1 Have Analytical, Critical, and Strategic Thinking Skills
- Objective 1.1 Apply the basic principles of analytical thinking and problem solving when examining hospitality management issues
- Objective 1.2 Demonstrate the ability to integrate concepts and theories across functional business domains (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, etc.)
- Goal #2 Have Substantive Content Knowledge
- Objective 2.1 Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to function effectively in a diverse and global organizational environment
- Objective 2.2 Synthesize and evaluate core concepts in the areas of hospitality accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, operations, and quantitative methods
- Goal #3 Have Leadership, Communication, Interpersonal, and Social Skills
- Objective 3.1 Demonstrate the ability to read, listen, and clearly express themselves using written, oral, visual, and quantitative methods to communicate effectively with superiors, coworkers, customers, and members of the community
- Objective 3.2 Demonstrate personal and professional standards for ethical decision-making and social behavior
- Goal #4 Be an entrepreneur or an intraprenuer within the hospitality industry
- Objective 4.1 Demonstrate self-efficacy, leadership, resourcefulness and creativity.
- Objective 4.2 Demonstrate the ability to recognize new opportunities.
These goals and objectives are consistent with the Hospitality Management program at University Park and the entrepreneurship minor at Berks College.