Program Learning Goals
- Students will demonstrate specific understanding of fundamental scientific concepts including, but not limited to, experimental results, theory development, chemical reactions, physical processes, and cellular function.
- Students will demonstrate a thorough understanding of general and organic chemistry.
- Students will demonstrate a thorough understanding of biological concepts including cellular organization, genetics, ecology, and physiology.
- Students will demonstrate ability to retrieve and analyze scientific data.
- Students will be able to comprehend and critically interpret primary scientific literature.
- Students will disseminate scientific findings via oral and written communication.
- Students will apply ethical principles to specific areas of scientific research and scientifically important applications with sociological consequences such as clinical trials, animal testing, and environmental concerns.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate laboratory skills including scientific technique, maintenance of a laboratory notebook, writing laboratory reports, and adhering to all safety procedures.