Degree Completion

Degree Completion

Options to Complete your Degree

Penn State offers several options to the adult looking to go back to school to obtain an associate or a baccalaureate degree. Whether you are continuing from a community college or took time off to pursue other options, Penn State has the degrees that will prepare you for a new career.

For information and an evaluation of how you can transfer your credits, email Solange Israel-Mintz (, Adult Student Enrollment Coordinator, 610-396-6222 or Admissions, 610-396-6060.

Transferring Credits from a Community College

To make the process as easy as possible, Penn State, in coordination with several community colleges, has developed Transfer Guides and Articulation Agreements that students can follow to allow a seamless transfer from the community college to Penn State.

Transferring Credits from Other Schools

Penn State offers a University Transfer Course Evaluation Guide to assist prospective students in evaluating courses taken at other institutions to determine if they will transfer.

College Credit for Prior Learning Experiences

If you have prior college-level experiences in the military or in the workplace, your academic adviser can help you identify how alternative credit acquisition can apply toward meeting your degree goals. Options available include credit by examination (CLEP), for training in the military or work, such as ACE or DANTES.

View University resources on transfer of credit for more information.

Degrees you can obtain at Penn State Berks through coursework available in the evening and Saturday:

Bachelor of Science


Penn State offers a total of 20 bachelor's degrees and 5 associate's degrees that can be completed during the day and evening. Learn more about undergraduate degree programs for adult learners

Email Solange Israel-Mintz (, or call 610-396-6222 for more information.


Scholarships for students 24 and older

Scholarships are now available to students 24 and older who are planning to enroll at Penn State Berks.

View the Scholarship Brochure (PDF) for more information.