Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at the Thun Library Room 145
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Penn State Berks is proud to provide a three hour overview of the Smart Grid on Tuesday, December 6, 2011. To accommodate those with challenging work schedules, it is being offered at two different times. The seminar will cover basic SG concepts, key functionality/technologies, customer, regulatory, and business issues, as well as the future of the grid.
Seminar cost: $50
Speaker: David Basset, P.E.
Light refreshments will be served.
- What is the Smart Grid?
- What is it intended to do?
- Key benefits and risks
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- System protection, restoration, and self-healing
- Renewables and storage integration
- Asset management and on-line monitoring
- Advanced metering (remote data collection plus real-time usage data)
- Distributed generation integration
- Bulk power system technologies
- Distribution system technologies
- Customer facility technologies
- Cyber security
- Information systems
- Data storage
- Managing customer expectations and concerns
- FERC Smart Grid policy
- State-level Smart Grid policy
Register and pay by corporate or personal credit card »
Register and pay by company check