Sherry K. Sidhu is a civic leader, community volunteer, and proud mother and grandmother. Since moving to Berks County in the 1980s, Sidhu has been active in many charitable organizations and projects, including the 2007 United Way of Berks Annual Campaign, a campaign she co-chaired with her husband Ray that raised $8.7 million for community services.
In December 2006, Sherry and Jay Sidhu were presented with the National Liberty Museum’s Heroes of Liberty Award, a recognition they cherish. Jay is the chairman and CEO of the West Reading-based Customers Bancorp, Inc. Their son, Sam, is the president and CEO of Customers Bank, and their daughter, Luvleen, is the co-founder and CEO of BM Technologies, Inc. Sam and his wife Linda are the parents of three children with whom their grandmother loves to spend time.
Recent Professional and Community Affiliations
- Board of Trustees, Caron Foundation, 2023 -
- Advisory Board, Penn State Berks, 2020 -
- Trustee, Albright College, 2008 – 2019
- Board, Berks Talkline, 2007-2011
- Co-Chair, United Way Berks Campaign, 2006 – 2007
- Member, Board of Directors, United Way Berks, 2006 – 2010
- Member, Board of Directors, Reading Public Museum, 2000 – 2002
- M.Sc. St. Joseph’s University, 1994
- Oxford Berkeley Program, 1993
- B.A. Guru Nanak University, 1977