UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — During finals week, Penn State University Libraries is offering games, activities and crafts to help students relax and reduce stress as they study for finals and complete end-of-semester papers and projects.
De-Stress Fest takes place in five Libraries locations across the University Park campus and in Berks Thun Library at Penn State Berks, offering free coffee and snacks, as well as games, activities, art therapy and other stress-management options, which vary with location.
Hours for all Libraries locations University-wide are available on the University Libraries website. Visitors are encouraged to verify all locations’ operating hours prior to their visit.
The full schedule for De-Stress Fest activities at all University Libraries locations at Penn State Berks and on the University Park campus is listed below:
Penn State Berks:
Thursday, Dec. 8, through Thursday, Dec. 15, Berks Thun Library
- Indoor walking path.
- Origami crafting, fidget toys and selections from the Thun Library Wellness Collection.
- Light refreshments.
University Park campus:
Sunday, Dec. 11, through Tuesday, Dec. 13, Mann Assembly Room, first floor Paterno Library
- Free coffee snacks and crafts, 3-8 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 6, through Thursday, Dec. 8, Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library, first floor, Stuckeman Family Building
- Puzzles, snacks and crafts available daily, 5 p.m. to close.
Monday, Dec. 12, through Thursday, Dec. 15, Engineering Library, 325 Hammond Building
- Coloring and puzzles all day.
- Snacks and beverages (while they last).
- Features: Group study rooms, One Button Studio (reservations required).
Sunday, Dec. 11, through Thursday, Dec. 15, Fletcher L. Byrom Earth and Mineral Sciences Library, 105 Deike Building
- Coloring and jigsaw puzzles provided all day, and snacks (while they last).
- Group collaboration rooms, One Button studio, Virtual Reality Center (reservations required), comfy seating and lots of table space to suit studying needs.
Monday, Dec. 12, through Thursday, Dec. 15, Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library, 201 Davey Lab
- Coloring and jigsaw puzzles.
- Snacks (while they last).
Library Guide on Personal Health and Mental Wellness
Studying students may find the Library Guide on Personal Health and Mental Wellness useful, which includes many informational resources on topics ranging from sleep and nutrition to digital well-being and exercise, as well as links for getting help through Penn State services.
New leisure reading e-book and audiobooks available with Libby app
To get started enjoying e-books, audiobooks and more on your phone or tablet, download the Libby app and sign in with your Penn State Account user ID and password, or visit libraries.psu.edu/services/libby-overdrive for tips and additional information.
For more information about De-Stress Fest or questions about accommodations or the physical access provided, contact Megan Gilpin at 814-867-0069 or [email protected].