The Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership (OLEAD) is a 123-credit degree program that provides a well-rounded liberal arts education with a special focus on the complex social, cultural, and organizational issues that confront organizational leaders in the world. The degree is developed specifically for adult students interested in expanding their professional horizons, enabling them to lead others effectively in any industry.
Skills for the real world
The degree prepares adult learners to build practical work skills that can be utilized immediately, including a solid foundation in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving and team building.
Graduates of the Organizational Leadership degree program obtain a diverse and highly effective education, enabling them to enhance their opportunities and expand their career options. This program also allows for flexibility by offering electives that support and meet individual career goals. The Penn State Berks program offers accelerated hybrid seven-week courses, allowing students to attend class one evening per week and complete assignments when convenient.
Customize your education to meet your career goals
Students can add specificity to their education by complementing this degree with another, or by pursuing a minor or certificate.
Recommended double majors:
- Communication Arts and Sciences
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Writing and Digital Media
Accelerated Foundations of Organizational Leadership Certificate Program
This 12-credit certificate provides a solid foundation in leadership concepts and decision making. The certificate can be completed during the fall and spring semesters of one academic year. The courses can be applied to the bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership allowing you to quickly enhance your resume with in-demand leadership skills while working towards your degree
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM®) Certificate Programs
Students can pair a SHRM® certification with this degree program to specialize in human resources.
The organizational leadership degree program may appeal to professionals and students who come from a variety of backgrounds with differing educational experiences and wish to transition to higher-level positions of responsibility and authority. Applicants typically:
- occupy a managerial/leadership position, but must obtain a degree for further professional advancement.
- have faced challenges starting or completing a college education due to life circumstances or geographical constraints.
- are an active-duty soldier or veteran looking to advance within the military ranks or transition into civilian life.
- are looking to expand their leadership styles from many different perspectives.
- want to gain knowledge and skills to become an ethical leader, motivate others, think critically, and make sound decisions.
Graduates of the Organizational Leadership degree program are prepared for a range of careers in which leadership skills and management of employees is paramount. The need for individuals who understand and can address conflict, make ethical decisions, motivate and, in general, work with people and organizations is in high demand.
You may find this degree most valuable if you are interested in showcasing your ability to lead and nurture business and professional relationships in any of the following areas:
- human resources
- labor and employment relations
- production management
- business development and sales
- customer service