Once you have accepted your offer of admission to Penn State Berks, look for an email titled, "Welcome to Penn State Berks - Transfer Student Information" from [email protected].
This email will review:
- Who to contact for advising and scheduling
- If you need to take the ALEKS math assessment
- Registering for orientation
- Additional important transfer information
Transfer New Student Orientation (NSO)
Welcome to Penn State Berks! Our orientation programs aim to provide you and those who support you with programs and services that assist your successful academic, social, and personal transition to, and through, the University.
Transfer students will have the option to choose an in-person orientation or a virtual orientation. The in-person orientation will be tailored more specifically to the Penn State Berks experience and will offer transfer student specific breakout sessions. Seats are limited for our in-person NSO. The virtual orientation covers University-wide information and programming.
Whether you attend an in-person or virtual NSO, advising and scheduling will occur separately from NSO programming. You will need to reach out to the program chair or adviser for your specific major for advising and scheduling assistance, which was provided to you in the welcome email. You can meet with an adviser prior to attending NSO. The earlier you meet with an adviser, the more course options will be available to you when you schedule your courses.
Pending (XFRPEN) Credits
If you have any transfer courses listed as XFRPEN, they will need to be reviewed for equivalency determination. Please follow the directions below:
- Please email course syllabi to [email protected]. You can also mail syllabi to Undergraduate Admissions, The Pennsylvania State University, 201 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802-1294, or fax to 814-863-7590.
- In the email, please include your name and PSU ID number in the subject line as well as the institution where coursework was taken.
- Attach each syllabus as a separate .pdf or Microsoft Word file.
- Attach no more than four syllabi per email.
- Do not send syllabi for multiple institutions in the same email.
- It can take up to eight weeks from the time a syllabus is sent to the time the course equivalency is determined by the academic department, so please submit as soon as possible.
- If you do not submit your course information, your transfer pending review credits will be reassigned to general credit (XFRGEN) after your first semester of enrollment at Penn State.
Interested in applying to Penn State as a transfer student?
Transfer Student Requirements by college
Want to check out how your courses from other universities may transfer to Penn State?
Transfer Course Evaluation guide
Have questions after reviewing your Evaluation of Transferable Credits?
Understanding Penn State Transfer Credits Equivalencies