Once you have accepted your offer of admission to Penn State Berks, look for an email titled, "Penn State Berks Transfer Student Information" from [email protected].
This email will instruct you on:
- Who to contact for course advising
- If you need to take the ALEKS math assessment
- Registering for Orientation
- Additional important information
Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
*Orientation will be virtual for Summer & Fall 2021. For more information, please see https://orientation.psu.edu/transfer
The orientation provides general information about Penn State Berks, specific information regarding the transfer course evaluation process, a current transfer student panel, and you will have the opportunity to receive your PSU Student ID card and take a guided tour of the campus.
Orientation does NOT include advising and scheduling. You will need to reach out to the Program Chair/Advisor for your specific major on your own, for advising and scheduling assistance (specific advisor contact information is provided in email).
Pending (XFRPEN) Credits
If you have any transfer courses listed as XFRPEN, they will need to be reviewed for equivalency determination. Please follow the directions below:
- Please email course syllabi to [email protected] (you can also mail syllabi to Undergraduate Admissions, The Pennsylvania State University, 201 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802-1294 or fax syllabi to 814-863-7590.)
- In email, please include: name and PSU ID number in the subject line and the institution where course work was taken.
- Attach each syllabus as a separate .pdf or Microsoft Word file, attach no more than four syllabi per email, and do not send syllabi for multiple institutions in the same email.
- It can take up to eight weeks from the time a syllabus is sent to the time the course equivalency is determined by the academic department, so please submit as soon as possible.
- If you do not submit your course information, your transfer pending review credits will be reassigned to general credit (XFRGEN) after your first semester of enrollment at Penn State.
Interested in applying to Penn State as a transfer student?
Transfer Student Requirements by college
Want to check out how your courses from other universities may transfer to PSU?
Transfer Course Evaluation guide
Have questions after reviewing your Evaluation of Transferable Credits?
Understanding Penn State Transfer Credits Equivalencies