Cultivating Creativity for Young Authors is geared towards middle school students that have an interest in exploring their creative side and would like to focus on writing at a young age.
During this program, participants will be exposed to crucial story elements and how they come together to form a piece. By incorporating discussions, hands-on activities and daily “assignments”, participants should develop an understanding of these elements, along with developing a story idea of their own, with characters, descriptions and important themes!
- Monday: Overview of Camp and Story Components
- Tuesday: Story Setting / Themes and Lessons
- Wednesday: Characters
- Thursday: Description
- Friday: Putting it all together!
End Goal: participants will have developed:
- An understanding of important piece components
- Basic story concept or topic
- Including themes to be covered in said story
- Multiple characters (with descriptions)
- Ability to write descriptive passages
- An understanding of what’s needed to create a story appropriate time period