Tap into the enthusiasm, energy, and intellect of Penn State Berks undergraduates who are interested in working with you to fill organizational needs, including but not limited to research activities. Working closely with Penn State Berks' world-class faculty members, you can help design and supervise service and research projects on issues that are of importance to your goals and projects in the community.
Because these projects are directly linked with students' courses, students contribute both knowledge and research capabilities that enable them to be helpful in ways that community service alone does not permit.
Students and faculty members benefit through their partnership with you, your practical expertise and knowledge of the community, and the opportunities for service learning you can help provide. You benefit by having students work with you to help address community needs.
Benefits of service learning, community engagement and community-based undergraduate research for community organizations include:
- gathering crucial data and information about their clientele, program efficacy, community demographics, etc.;
- supplementing their own limited resources to accomplish such evaluation and planning goals;
- establishing closer ties to Penn State Berks, including the many students who often spend countless hours volunteering in the community, and its faculty members with research interests that match their own goals;
- taking advantage of the creativity, intelligence, and talents of Penn State Berks students; and
- modeling for students the values of community commitment and leadership that will influence their career choices.
CACE is very conscious of the fact that the community-university partnership must be mutually beneficial to work at all. We believe our program, and the close working relationship we encourage between faculty members teaching courses and leaders of community organizations,, can accomplish that goal.
How CACE can help you?
CACE is here to assist you with:
- to answer your questions;
- connecting you with students, faculty and/or staff;
- verifying students, faculty and/or staff have Pennsylvania State Clearances when engagement is with minors