The Office of Multicultural/International/LGBTQA Affairs strives to instill the beliefs of Penn State Berks, which are to:
- Recognize individual differences and contributions of every member of the college community.
- Commit ourselves to establishing a just community where the dignity of all college community members is affirmed and valued.
- Commit ourselves to enhancing the diversity at the College.
- Commit ourselves to valuing and serving a diverse population in the nation and the world.
- Support the mission of the Penn State Berks Diversity Committee
The multicultural/international/LGBTQA counselor coordinates programs and services that foster the development of a culturally diverse college. Particular focus is to provide multicultural and international students with a range of educational, social and personal services such as:
- Support in academic progress and adjustment to college
- Advocate for multicultural and international students
- We Are Building For Success - early orientation program
- Religious services
- International orientation
- Training on diversity
- Programs and field trips to enhance understanding of diversity
- Rainbow Alliance adviser
- Multicultural and international clubs
- Multicultural and international support groups
- Transgender support group