The Penn State community is thrilled to see more Penn Staters transition from students to alumni, and the commencement ceremony is all about you!
Fall Commencement 2023
Saturday, December 16, 2023
700 Penn St
Reading, PA 19602
Preparing for Commencement
Step 1: Meet with Your Adviser
Use LionPATH to request a current degree audit and review it with your academic adviser. You should meet with your adviser during the semester prior to the semester when you intend to graduate. If you plan to graduate at the end of the spring semester, meet with your academic adviser at the beginning of the spring semester. This will ensure that you are on track to meet all degree requirements. If you are missing course, credit, or grade requirements, you will NOT be able to graduate. You cannot graduate with missing or deferred grades.
Please Note: It is preferable to avoid taking classes at another institution during your intended semester of graduation. If you do, you must ensure that Penn State receives your official transcript with the grades on time. If courses are not posted to your transcript on time, graduation will be postponed to the following semester. To inquire about graduation deadlines, please contact Jessyca Brizek, records specialist, at [email protected] or 610-396-6087.
Transcripts should be sent to:
Transfer Admissions Counselor
Perkins Student Center, 13
P.O. Box 7009
Reading, PA 19610
Step 2: “Apply for Graduation” on LionPATH
During the Intent to Graduate Activation period (refer to the Academic Calendar) at the beginning of the semester in which you plan to graduate, apply for graduation through the LionPATH Student Center.
If you missed the activation deadline for your intended semester of graduation, you must contact Jessyca Brizek in the Registrar's Office at [email protected] or 610-396-6087.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT APPLYING TO GRADUATE
- Please review the Graduation Requirements policy to ensure your eligibility to attend commencement.
- Printed programs that contain a list of graduating students are distributed at the ceremony. If your intent to graduate is activated after the commencement program has been sent to the printer, your name will not appear in the program.
- Your correct home and local addresses are needed for pertinent graduation information, including diplomas. Confirm and/or update your address on LionPATH at this time.
Step 3: Purchase academic regalia (cap and gown)
Academic regalia must be worn to participate in the commencement ceremony. You may purchase your cap and gown at the Graduation Salute events, which will occur in the campus bookstore on:
- Wednesday, October 25
11:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 26
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and also 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
If you have questions about ordering regalia, contact 610-396-6100 or [email protected].
Please refer to our What to Wear section for additional clothing guidelines.
- Refer to the Santander Arena website for parking information.
- Guests who need special accommodations may contact the Santander Arena Information Desk at 610-898-7469.