The OCQ grant program is guided by the BSI2 members and coordinated by the CLT team.
The Online Course Quality Grant is offered on a continuous basis for new online courses offered by Penn State Berks starting from Spring 2016. All faculty who plan to design and deliver a new Berks online course for Spring 2016 or later are eligible to apply for the grant.
A quality online course often takes two semesters to design and develop. Interested full-time and part-time instructors must submit their applications at least a semester in advance. The deadlines for submitting the applications are as follows:
April 15: for an online course to be taught in the fall semester
August 15: for an online course to be taught in the spring semester (see the note below)
January 15: for an online course to be taught in the summer
Note: The application deadline for a Spring 2016 course is September 15, 2015.
The step-by-step application process is as follows:
- Review the Penn State Berks Approval Process for Offering a New Online Course (Appendix A).
- Fill out the Request for Proposal for Online Course Development form (Appendix B).
- After your Division Head approves your new online course offering, fill out the Online Course Quality Grant Application Form (Appendix C).
- Submit your OCQ grant application to the CLT director Dr. Daonian Liu at [email protected] by the above-mentioned deadline.
- Dr. Liu will send you a confirmation email upon receiving the application and schedule a meeting or a phone call with you for an initial discussion.
- If your application is approved, you will be asked to sign the Online Course Quality Grant Agreement (Appendix D).