Dr. Azar Panah teaches core mechanical engineering courses and her specialty is in experimental fluid mechanics. For her Ph.D. dissertation, she investigated the flow structure and vorticity transport on plunging wings using Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), time-resolved high-speed imaging system, and dye flow visualization. Her research interests are focused on unsteady aerodynamics of biologically-inspired air and underwater vehicles, thermal and wind comfort around buildings, flow visualization, engineering education.
NSF Award #1903312
Unsteady Aerodynamics of Flapping Wings in Gusty Environments: Gust-mitigation Performance, Flow Physics, and Optimization
NSF Award #1726713
MRI: Acquisition of Tomographic Particle Image Velocimetry (Tomo PIV) System for Multi-Disciplinary Research
- Eslam Panah, A. (2021). Fluid Dynamics of COVID-19 Spread. Physical Review Fluids, 6, 110502.
- Werner, N., Wang, J., Dong, H., Eslam Panah, A., & Cheng, B. (2020). Scaling the Vorticity Dynamics in the Leading-Edge Vortices of Revolving Wings with Two Directional Length Scales. Physics of Fluids, 32, 121903.
- Eslam Panah, A., Kovar, C., Panczner, L., & Reuter, H. (2020). Fluid Dynamics of Millefiori: Mixing Ferrofluid with Watercolor. Physical Review Fluids, 5, 110510.
- Kurt, M., Eslam Panah, A., & Moored, K. (2020). Flow Interactions Between Low Aspect Ratio Hydrofoils in In-line and Staggered Arrangements. Journal of Biomimetics, 5(13), 18.
- Eslam Panah, A., & Reuter, H. (2018). The Splash of Milk Streams Impacting a Solid Surface. Physical Review Fluids, 3, 100511.
- Hatefnia, N., Barakati, A., Ghobad, M., & Eslam Panah, A. (2017). Unified Evaluation of Total Radiation in Urban Environments. Architectural Science Review, 60(4), 9.
- Eslam Panah, A., Akkala, J. M., & Buchholz, J. H. J. (2015). Vorticity transport and the leading-edge vortex of a plunging airfoil. Experiments in Fluids, 56(8), 15.
- Eslam Panah, A., & Buchholz, J. J. H. (2014). Parameter dependence of vortex interactions on a two-dimensional plunging plate. Experiments in Fluids, 55(3), 19.
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Iowa
MSc, Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
BSc, Aerospace Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic)