UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Penn State Alumni Association will honor 15 prominent young alumni at the Alumni Achievement Awards on March 29.
The honorees officially will be recognized this month, when they visit the University Park campus for guest lectures, student engagements and an award ceremony.
Alumni Achievement Award recipients are nominated by an academic college or campus and invited by the president of the University to return to Penn State to share their expertise with students and the University community. Honorees demonstrate to students that Penn State alumni succeed in exceptional fashion at an early age.
Many recipients will meet with students and guest lecture in classrooms to share insights on their successes in life and business.
Following are the names, graduation year(s), and academic colleges of this year’s honorees; and bios and information on past honorees are available on the Alumni Association's website.
- Iyadh Abid, 2016g Penn State Law
- Donald J. Cella, 2013 Smeal College of Business (Penn State Altoona)
- Teleicia Dambreville, 2013g Penn State Law
- Laura M. K. Dassama, 2013g Eberly College of Science (The Graduate School)
- Renee N. Donahue, 2011g College of Medicine
- Shadi Ghrayeb, 2008g College of Engineering, 2012g School of International Affairs, 2013g College of Engineering
- Brittany Hawkins, 2008 College of Health and Human Development
- Daniel A. Kapinos, 2008 Eberly College of Science
- Daniel M. Lentz, 2010g College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- Brian J. Patchcoski, 2010g College of Education
- James Riney, 2011 Smeal College of Business, College of the Liberal Arts (Smeal College of Business)
- Benjamin M. Ross, 2006, 2007g College of Engineering
- Devan Shimoyama, 2011 College of Arts and Architecture
- Aniyia L. Williams, 2007 College of Arts and Architecture (Penn State Berks)
- Jay Yonamine, 2013g College of the Liberal Arts
*Honorees nominated by a unit other than their graduating college are denoted in parentheses.