A student with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) below a 2.00 is placed on Academic Warning and will have a hold placed on the registration of subsequent semesters. A meeting with an academic advisor is necessary to remove the Academic Warning Hold.
A student in Academic Warning may continue to enroll in classes as long as the student’s semester GPA (every semester) remains at or above a 2.0. If the student’s semester GPA falls below a 2.0 while on warning, the student will be Academically Suspended.
A student will return to Good Academic Standing when the student’s cumulative GPA returns to 2.0 or higher.
Being on Academic Warning is not a punishment or the end of your academic career. Rather, Academic Warning is a notification that it is time to seek help in taking an active approach to improve your academics. Your Advisor and Penn State Berks Faculty and Staff are ready to support you throughout the process.
What steps should you take if you are a Berks student in Academic Warning?
- Schedule an appointment with the Financial Aid Office at 610-396-6070 to discuss your financial profile and possible funding options.
- Contact the Berks Advising Center at 610-396-6280 to schedule an appointment to create an Academic Success Plan.
- Before attending your appointment, please print and complete the Academic Success Plan Worksheet and take it to your Advising Meeting.
- At your Advising Meeting, you will learn more details about Academic Warning and discuss your Academic Success Plan.
- Attend follow-up meeting(s) to review your success plan and revise/update as needed. Your advisor will then lift the registration hold.