Get the support you need to build your dream career
Penn State Berks Career Services Office functions as a team working in partnership with the University and the external community, harnessing the power of Penn State while meeting regional employment and industry needs. The office is staffed with professionals who can help students and alumni achieve their dreams, supporting them with:
- Writing résumés and cover letters
- Contacting employers
- Finding job and internship listings
- Salary negotiations
- and more
Career Services aims to be flexible, understanding, and responsive to students and alumni, supporting each individual in their unique pursuit of accomplishing their personal and professional career goals.View Penn State's Career Services Guide
Career services for current students
The Career Services Office offers support for current Penn State Berks students from their first day of classes. Through individual and small group appointments, the office helps students navigate through their career decisions. The office also:
- Brings employers to campus for interviews.
- Provides individual appointments for assistance with post-graduate plans and internships.
- Develops off-campus employment opportunities for current students.
- Provides listings of part-time, temporary and summer employment opportunities.
- Facilitates student entry into the community employment market.
- Offers assistance in finding supervised work experience in your career field.
- Develops internship positions related to a student's program of study.
- Exposes students to the real-world of work while potentially earning wages and credit.
- Hosts a variety of workshops such as personality assessments, career decision-making, and more.
Career services for alumni
Your career support doesn't end after graduation. Penn State Berks' Career Services Office assists alumni with networking, mentoring, and more.
LionLink is a networking program designed to help Penn State students and alumni make professional connections. Penn State students and alumni, called career explorers, can search various career fields through informational interviews with alumni volunteers, called career coaches. Through sharing their knowledge and professional experience, career coaches offer valuable advice that will help students and alumni compete in today's job market. Visit LionLink >
The Penn State Berks Mentor Program is designed to bring students together with successful alumni. Its purpose is to assist students in making career decisions while creating a strong professional network. If you are interested in sharing your experience and helping guide current students, consider signing up fo the Penn State Berks Mentoring Program. View Mentor Program information >
Penn State Alumni Career and Networking
Alumni Career Services is a partnership of the Alumni Association and the Division of Student Affairs. Its mission is to support alumni around the world in managing their careers throughout their lifetimes. Career Services also recommends alumni stay connected to the University through: