In collaboration with Penn State campuses across the Commonwealth, we offer a Fast Track MBA program designed for undergraduate students who are majoring in business.
Key Program Features
- Courses are flexible and offered as a mix of in-person or synchronous remote instruction with additional asynchronous online work.
- Applications-oriented program explores real-world issues through case studies, projects with local companies, simulations, and guest lecturers who are leaders in business and industry.
- Premier faculty combine their research with business expertise to give students a valuable and innovative classroom experience.
- The program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, a standing earned by less than five percent of the world’s business programs.
Fast-track program for undergraduate students
This program features exemptions for up to six foundation courses from the MBA curriculum.
You can receive exemptions for MBA foundations courses upon earning a grade of B or better in any of the corresponding undergraduate courses listed below. All graduate courses are three credits.
|Undergraduate course||MBA course|
|SCM 200 Introduction to Statistics in Business||BUSAD 801 Statistical Analysis for Managerial Decision Making|
|ECON 442 Managerial Economics (Prereq: ECON 102)||BUSAD 523 Prices and Markets|
|ECON 302 Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis (Prereq: ECON 102)|
|ACCTG 404 Managerial Accounting: Economic Perspective (Prereq: ACCTG 211, SCM 200 or STAT 200, ECON 102)||ACCTG 800 Financial and Managerial Accounting|
|ACCTG 340 Cost Accounting (Prereq: ACCTG 211)|
|FIN 305 Financial Management of the Business Enterprise (Prereq: FIN 301)||MBADM 820 Financial Management|
|MKTG 450W Marketing Strategy (Prereq: MKTG 330, MKTG 342)||BA 800 Marketing Management|
|SCM 445 Operations Planning and Control (Prereq: SCM 301)||BA 810 Operations Management|
To be admitted to the Fast Track MBA program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of an undergraduate business degree at any Penn State campus within the last five years
- Completion of a one-semester internship or one-year of full-time professional work that pertains to your field of study
- Note: You can apply to the program during the internship or while employed
- A letter of recommendation from a full-time Penn State faculty member
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or above
If you have questions about your eligibility for the program, or when you should plan to take the necessary courses during your undergraduate degree, contact your campus’ business program coordinator or faculty adviser.
Recommended Application Dates
- Fall admission: by July 15
- Spring admission: by November 15
- Summer admission: by March 15
- One-page statement of intent or career objective outlining your professional goals and educational objectives
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of whom is a full-time Penn State faculty member
- A non-refundable $65 application fee. (Waived if you attend a recruitment event or meet with the associate director of recruitment.)
You must indicate you’re applying to the Fast Track MBA Program at Penn State Great Valley in the “notes” section of the online application.
If you are an international student, learn more about international student admissions to the fast-track MBA program >