What is the Change Management Program?
Penn State offers a Change Management Program for anyone interested in driving effective change within their organizations. People are the most critical factor in the success of Programs and Change, yet their support and participation are often taken for granted. Most programs promoting change focus on what is changing, rather than how the changes are made. Change management is the art and science of having people prepared with the best tools and aligned to support Program and Organization success.
The Change Management program is a highly interactive learning experience that combines knowledge, tools, and techniques to drive effective change, reduce resistance to change, and to accelerate business results. Using Change Management tools developed by Marc Hanlan, Ph.D., based on decades of real-world change success, participants will develop and present an outline of an effective Change Management Plan for their own organizations.
A digital badge will be awarded upon successful completion of the 21-hour program.
Who would benefit from this program?
This program is for anyone who is responsible for driving or supporting change. They commonly include:
- Leaders at all levels
- Project Managers
- Change Management Practitioners
- Lean Six Sigma, Agile, and Process Improvement Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Organizational Development Professionals
- Anyone interested in making effective Change faster easier, and more successful
What makes this program unique?
This program combines highly interactive dialog, exercises, background, actual case reviews, and analytical tools to evaluate the challenges and opportunities of Change for organizations and their employees. Participants will be able to apply the tools and techniques to their own needs and situations, developing a personal Change Management Plan outline for their own organization.
By the completion of this Program, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the business and personal value of Change Management;
- Identify, adapt, and apply the basic tools of Change Management to their organization;
- Understand and apply the Project Phases of Change for their organization;
- Identify, address, and potentially mitigate areas of resistance in their organization; and
- Develop and present a personal Change Management Plan outline for their organization.
Marc Hanlan, Ph.D.
- Over 40-years in Change Management and Leadership
- Author of books on Organizational Transformation
- High Performance Teams: How to Make Them Work
- Creating Effortless Change: Transactive Leadership
- Change Management for a Change
- A Ph.D. in Organizational Development and Change
- Faculty at Penn State 2013, in the graduate school since 2003
- Executive in global manufacturing, consultant, has designed patents, and designed part of the International Space Station
Marc has been supporting group transformation for more than 35 years in a wide range of public and private organizations, from the 82,000-user U.S. Navy ERP to the operational transformation of thousands of field service workers at Exelon to the creation of self-managed factories at General Electric (GE) and Lockheed Martin. He has worked with more than 260 high performance teams to achieve "breakthrough" results in profitability, quality of service, sustainability, and quality of work life, while achieving more than $520M in improvements.
Change Management (MANGT 9050)
Dates: February 13 - March 26, 2024
Delivery: Live instruction via Zoom