When Health Services is Closed

When Health Services is Closed

In the event care is needed when Health Services is closed, please refer to the following information:

If emergency care is needed immediately, call 911.

Police Services - Page the officer on duty (610) 856-4822

Resident students should contact their RA if they need medical attention. The RA is able to contact the Nurse Practitioner or physician on call for advice if necessary, or decide if emergency care is needed.

Local off-campus health care resources include:

The Reading Hospital & Medical Center
6th Avenue & Spruce Street
West Reading, PA (484) 628-8000

St. Joseph's Hospital
2500 Bernville Road
Reading, PA (610) 378-2000

Patient First
2600 Papermill Road
Wyomissing, PA (484) 220-0051 8 am - 10 pm

Cab service for non-emergency visits to the above locations when Health Services is closed can be coordinated through Residence Life. Cab vouchers can be issued so that the student does not need money at the time of the cab ride. Cab fare will be billed to the student account and can be paid at a later time through the Bursar Office.

In the event of an emergency, an ambulance will be dispatched by calling 911 or police services.

Payment for ambulance services is the responsibility of the student and will be billed directly.

Disclaimer: The information found on this site is intended as educational information only. You SHOULD NOT rely on the information to make any medical or other decisions for treatment. Any medical or other decisions should be made in consultation with your health care provider. University Health Services will not be liable for any complication, injuries or other medical accidents arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance upon any information on the Web.