Learning Center – Fall 2022
We Are… Here for You!!
The Learning Center will be offering in-person Peer Tutoring in Franco 159 from August 29th thru December 9th 2022. Dr. Hassler will be available for walk-in's starting August 22nd. Go to https://berks.mywconline.com/ make appointments to meet with a peer tutor. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to stop in or call the office at 610-396-6288 or email Lisa Zackowski at [email protected] for assistance.
Penn State Berks Learning Center promotes educational opportunity and enhances academic achievement for all students. As an integral part of the academic structure, the center interacts with faculty, staff, and students to provide a range of services specifically designed to meet individual needs and goals. Please contact the Learning Center for further information or if you are interested in becoming a tutor.
Dr. Ryan Hassler's Walk-In Hours for Statistics and Math through 141:
Monday – 12–3 p.m.
Tuesday – Not in Learning Center
Wednesday – Not in Learning Center
Thursday – 1:30–3 p.m.
Friday – 9–12 p.m.
- Provide academic support across curriculums
- Implement individualized, personal support services
- Foster students' positive attitudes toward learning
- Enhance students' self-confidence as learners
TUTORING (available to all students free of charge)
- Professional and peer tutoring in math
- Peer tutors in Chemistry, Biology, and more...
- Study Skills tutoring to help you with time management, organization, test anxiety, and more. Call or email to make an appointment.
What if the Learning Center does not offer tutoring for the class that I need?
- See your instructor before or after class or during their office hours for additional assistance.
- Form a study group with others in your class
- Sometimes, your struggle may not be content related but with one or more of the following issues:
- Study skills
- Time management
- Test anxiety
If you feel you may need assistance in any of the above, please make an appointment to see Sonia Delaquito at [email protected].
Learning Center and Student Disability Resources Staff
Sonia Delaquito, Learning Center Coordinator
610-396-6138 • [email protected]
Lisa Zackowski, Learning Center Staff Assistant
610-396-6288 • [email protected]
Dr. Ryan Hassler, Professional Math Tutor
610-396-6127 • [email protected]